The opthamologist called this morning after the eye exam to tell us that he wanted to operate again. So, Juliana had her second eye surgery this evening. He operated on both eyes, and now we are back to the waiting game. Apparently her left eye is in really good shape, and he expects no further problems with it. He isn’t as sure about her right eye. During her first surgery, two weeks ago, he had a difficult time because she was so small and her eyes were so undeveloped. Also, she was on the CPAP at the time. Now, she is larger and on the nasal cannula, so it was much easier for him to access the blood vessels that he needed to laser. So, he feels much better about the outcome of this procedure. However, we will need to wait until next Tuesday for the follow-up exam. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Now, we need to allow the vessels time to heal properly.
Something positive: all of her medications have been discontinued except for her multi-vitamin and eye drops for 3 days following the surgery.
We didn’t try breastfeeding today because she needed to reserve all her strength for her surgery. But, we’ll try again tomorrow, twice!