Juliana got an echo this morning on her heart and they determined that her ductus has closed somewhat but is still open to a small to medium degree. This is down from the large opening she had before her dose. The attending and cardiologist decided that they would give her a third dose of the indomethacin and redo the echo on Wednesday. The medicine is less and less effective the older the baby, but I think because it worked to some extent this weekend, they want to give it another try. Depending on her echo on Wednesday, we would then discuss surgery if needed.
The exciting part of the day was that Jen got to hold her for the first time this afternoon. She held her for a little over an hour and Juliana was very stable the whole time. It was a very exciting time and one we hope to repeat each day that we can. I may get my chance later this evening, depending on her continued stability and progress. After Juliana was put back into her isolette, she settled down quickly and we were able to wean her oxygen down to 37%, the lowest in a long time. I think she felt good being held by her mother.